Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ricky Gervais Is A God ...

Last night, I was reading an Entertainment Weekly story about Ricky Gervais and happened across this:

"When Gervais talks, it's sometimes hard to tell whether he is joking. Gags fly out of his mouth so fast, and in such a deadpan, that sometimes you feel like you're not so much interviewing him as just trying to keep up. In a string of recent stand-up performances, two of which were taped for an HBO special that will air in November, Gervais aims that same withering, rapid-fire delivery at such sacred cows as Stephen Hawking ('Pretentious. Born in Oxford, talks with that American accent'), Nelson Mandela ('He hasn't re-offended. Shows you prison does work!'), and Anne Frank ('No sequel? Lazy')."

I read those last three words and started laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe. And I kept on laughing, hysterically, for at least a couple minutes, the kind of laughing where you finally start to regain your composure and then you just lose it all over again. I haven't laughed that hard in, seriously, three years. I remember the last time I laughed that hard. I was dating G. And it hasn't happened since.

Even now, I'm laughing again. "No sequel? Lazy."

Brilliant.

Offensive? Sure.

But brilliant.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I've thought Gervais was a genius ever since watching The Office on BBC America.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home