Tuesday, September 02, 2008

'Respiro' ...

Well, call me an uncultured loser (or don't, preferably), but I didn't like this movie. (Sorry, Mike.)

The DVD cover has the word "Cannes" on it, so I feel like I should have liked it. It stars Valeria Golino, who's so beautiful you can't help but watch her, whether or not you're straight or gay.

But what, exactly, was the point of the movie? Why were the dogs held in the fort? Other than to provide a plot point later? Why were the kids pantsing each other? Was it some kind of small-Italian-island gang rivalry? "West Side Story" meets "Lord of the Flies"? So Grazia is bipolar? And?

There was just no plot. I like my movies with plot. When I watch a movie, I don't indulge in popcorn or Junior Mints, but I insist on plot. Yes, I'm just that demanding. And yes, I recognize that I referenced a plot point in the previous paragraph, but I use that term loosely.

Mike, feel free to enlighten me. What did you like about this movie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home