Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Coffee-Cup Philosophy ...

I was just rinsing out my Starbucks cup before putting the lid and the sleeve in the recycle bin and the cup in the trash when I spied the words "Keith Olbermann."

I love Keith Olbermann on TV. Smart, handsome, resonant voice. And, of course, it helps that we share the same views.

But here on my Starbucks cup is "The Way I See It #17," by Keith. It says:

"The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' – they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.' "

"They may not be smart enough to say 'yes.' "

I never thought of it that way before. Suddenly, the word "no" seems much less scary.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

KO is great. What a writer and performer.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

wow. That is a great quote!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home