Friday, August 22, 2008

Eddie Vedder ...

I'll write at length tomorrow (i.e. later on today) but in a word, my first-ever Eddie Vedder experience was magic.

I love, love, love, love, love his voice. I marvel at how much sound he can produce from one guitar. I adore his liberal use of profanity. I applaud his political dissension. I salute the fact that he yielded the stage to Tomas Young – an Iraq veteran, confined to a wheelchair – so the audience could applaud him for well over a minute.

And I cherish the fact that I, and the rest of the crowd, got to sing along with Eddie's song about the home of the Cubs. As Eddie said, "When Ernie Banks requests, on his 82nd birthday, that you write a song about Wrigley Field, you write him a fuckin' song."

More to come, when I'm not teetering on the brink of unconsciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home