Sunday, August 03, 2008

'Angel Heart' ...

Add this to the list of movies that draw me in for nearly two hours with the acting and the story and the cinematography only to lose me in the last few minutes or frames. (I HATED the very last shot of The Departed.)

The thing I remembered about this movie going in was that Lisa Bonet caused quite a ruckus in her wholesome Denise Huxtable days by appearing in a graphic sex scene with Mickey Rourke. (This movie, amazingly, is 21 years old.) Yup, it's there, all right.

And DeNiro sports a creepy man manicure.

And the cinematography is very cool.

But two shots at the end made me groan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I had the same problem with the movie. It lost me in that last few minutes. And I remember the whole Lisa Bonet controversy too.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

De Niro is such a devil in that movie!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home