Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parched Blog ...

So much for Sunday's flurry of blog activity. A blog drought blew in this week, but it's not my fault.

Tonight was the third night in a row that I worked until 9 p.m. And as a bonus, this morning I started work at 7 a.m.

Woo hoo! Girlfriend knows how to par-tay!

Of course, I don't blog about work. It's never a good idea to blog about work. Unless your work is blogging.

But now I'm free for the evening, even though the evening is well on its way to over.

So here I am, Wednesday night, and the only things I've done all week that haven't been directly related to work were two sessions at the gym with Brandon. Yesterday was biceps, triceps and shoulders. Deltoids. Today was chest and back. I have intermittent back issues (because I am OLD) so Brandon tries to suggest exercises that will strengthen my muscles without leaving me clutching my back – and cursing my trainer – the following day.

But yesterday, as I was doing my bicep curls, Brandon was looking at me in the mirror (my gym has a LOT of mirrors) and asked, "How's the eating?" Brandon has me on an eating plan that, for the moment, I've altered to cut out grains.

"Good," I told him.

"You're going down," he said, meaning that I'm getting thinner. "You can tell in your lower back."

At which point, I started laughing.

"What?" he asked.

"I've never had anyone say, 'Hey Beth, your lower back looks thinner!' "

But I turned to the mirror, and yep, sure enough, my lower back looks thinner. Well, not thinner, but more defined. There's a lovely curve back there.

I wonder what's worse: No blog post or a blog post that says next to nothing?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hopefully no blog post is worse than one that says next to nothing, because I think most of mine are like that. :)

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home