Sunday, July 06, 2008

'I Am Legend' ...

On this 4th of July weekend, allow me to confess that I have never seen "Independence Day."

But I think Will Smith is cool as hell – he's as famous as they come yet he seems truly grounded. I saw him recently on "60 Minutes" and found him refreshingly honest and forthright.

So I was interested to see "I Am Legend," interested to see how well he managed to carry most of a movie by himself.

Tonight, L.A. Dave said, "I hear he was screwed out of an Oscar nomination."

I heartily agree. Like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away," Smith spends most of the time on screen alone.

Well, OK, he has a dog, which provides slightly more opportunity to play off than a bloodied volleyball, but still.

They say you should never work with children or animals. In this movie, he does both, and he's exceptional. The scene when he talks to the mannequin broke my heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I have to admit I really want to see this movie. I've seen the first two movies based on the novel..The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price and The Omega Man with Charlton Heston.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home