Monday, July 28, 2008

3-Day Closing Ceremonies Info ...

(For those of you who read my blog who may not have received this e-mail – Henry, any others – I'm posting it here, too.)

Hello, friends, family, contributors!

The 2008 Chicago Breast Cancer 3-Day will soon be here.

As ever, I'd love to see you at closing ceremonies. (I'd love to see you at closing ceremonies even more if you show up with an icy bottle of Grey Goose and a huge platter of pasta.)

In years past, closing ceremonies have taken place at Montrose Harbor.

This year, they're happening at Soldier Field. Cool, huh?

Not sure WHERE at Soldier Field. Maybe near the lake. Maybe in the stadium. I, like you, won't know for sure until the actual day. Why not show up and find out for yourself?

I've included the official closing ceremonies info from the 3-Day below.

I'll have my cell phone with me so we can find each other. Otherwise, in years, past, the 3-Dayers erected signs with alpha-slices on them for people to meet under. But hey, I'll probably be the tallest walker there, so I should be easy to spot.

In any event, I'd love to see you there. Closing ceremonies are really remarkable, filled with emotion. And, if I do say so, it's cool to see a few thousand people united by a common cause all cheering each other on to the end. (Sap that I am, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Every year, I dole out Kleenexes at closing ceremonies because I always have a pack on hand for myself.)

My thanks once again for your oh-so-generous contributions. Because of you, I sailed past the $3,000 mark this year. And I still have time to raise even more.

The event kicks off on Friday, August 8th. Think cool-weather/no-rain thoughts for me.

And if you need any more info, just pop a line my way.

With love and thanks,

Beth



Closing Ceremonies

Sunday, August 10
4:30 pm

Soldier Field
1410 S. Museum Campus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60605

Your friends, family and supporters should arrive at the Closing Ceremonies site at least one hour early to secure a space by the stage that will give them the best view of the program.

All walkers and crew members are encouraged to remain in the Participant Holding Area where you will receive your victory shirt, cheer on fellow walkers and crew members and reflect on your experience together before the dramatic victory walk into Closing Ceremonies.

The Participant Holding area is CLOSED to spectators. If you wish to meet with friends and family before the Ceremonies begin, please exit the Holding Area and join them near the stage. Just remember to return to the Holding Area no later than 4:00 pm to join the victory walk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Celeste said...

Hope you have a great walk this year.

For anyone who is walking or attending the closing ceremonies, we'd love it if you'd share photos and/or videos on the official Breast Cancer 3-Day Flickr group, YouTube channel, Facebook fan page or MySpace page.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home