Wednesday, June 11, 2008

'When The Sun Meets The Sky' ...

Some songs are simply captivating.

The great thing about having a lot of songs in my iTunes is that I often forget what's in there.

This morning, with iTunes set on Shuffle, as it almost always is, Eric Johnson's "When The Sun Meets The Sky" shuffled up and stopped me dead in my tracks.

Sure, I own the album. The album cover caught my eye years ago when I worked for Thomson. A copy was in our bin of books and CDs that weren't destined to reviewed in our entertainment publication.

When importing tunes years ago, I pulled in three tracks from "Venus Isle." Somehow, though, my brain erased my memory of this song, to this morning, it was like hearing it for the first time, even though it wasn't the first time I'd heard it. I love the feel of it. I have a visceral reaction to very few songs, but I'm in love with this tune.

I've listened to it many times today, even pulling out the disc so I could put it in my CD player and crank it through my pretty speakers. And then I took the CD with me when I went to the gym. It's an excellent song to play on a sunny day with the windows down and the moon roof retracted.

Here's the album cut:


And here's a clip of Eric performing:

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

Very nice stuff. His song "Trademark" off Ah Via Musicom is one of my favorite instrumentals.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home