Monday, June 23, 2008

Joyous ...

I woke up laughing.

Today, I bordered on ebullient.

Smiling incessantly. So happy, so grateful.

This morning, I went for a walk and drank it all in, the breeze, the flowers, the light and shadows.

Tonight, I went for a walk and smiled at the fireflies, flashes of peridot in mid-air, the hazy pastel diffusion of the sunset.

Now, as I write this, I am on my deck, the silhouette of the trees in the gloaming.

There is a musicality to my life. I immerse myself in music all day long.

For many months, though, my life had been resonating at a discordant frequency. Harmony proved elusive.

But last night, for the first time in far too long, I was able to exhale fully, to let go of all the sadness and confusion.

A chapter of my life hadn't ended properly. The volume had been left open, the pages fluttering in the wind, blowing forward, blowing back.

But now an ending has been written, an ending of which I am very fond.

Happiness swells inside me. Tears roll down my cheeks. The future is stretched out before me, beckoning with sparkling eyes. It is amazing.

I've let go of the need to know. Mystery remains. But I embrace it.

Tonight, I sit amid the profusion of tiny green flashes as night falls and decide to simply be.

3 Comments:

Blogger OneMan said...

Glad things are going better...

Yet again your way with words blows my mind (my version of that post would have been).

Doing better.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart has been touched. I read that and regret not having your friendship and wisdom in my life more.
You are an incredible woman.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

A heartfelt "thank you" to you both.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home