Monday, May 05, 2008

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted ...

I am blissfully, mercifully, gratefully off this week!

No huge vacation plans, just seeing friends and doing whatever whim dictates.

Went to Cleveland this weekend. Some friends have moved there (to cute Lakewood, Ohio, which is almost an exactly clone of Oak Park) and New John and I met up for a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which, incredulously, lacks anything Zeppelin.

We also went to an Indians game and had what I think were just about the most perfect seats on the planet. Behind home plate, about 25 rows up. Ideal vantage point. The team lost and we drank the world's worst cups of coffee (it was chilly outside, definitely not beer weather, nor am I a beer drinker) but a guy who had clearly had his share of $6.75 beers decided to entertain our section with a running commentary of the action on the field which had everyone around him laughing. Hard. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

So this week, I'm faced with a very blank slate. A few plans sprinkled throughout my days, but the thing I look forward to most is simply not working. At my job. I'll happily work at other things.

Like writing something more interesting here.

But for now, my second cup of coffee awaits.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

Glad your drunk sports fan was entertaining. They're just obnoxious at Seahawk games.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I hope your vacation goes well. I wish I WAS on vacation.

8:16 PM  
Blogger J Paul said...

This guy was really, really funny. Part of the key to it was that the fans in our area were silent in that regard pretty much the entire game. Then finally during the 8th inning, this guy starts, and other than an isolated comment from one other guy, he was the only one doing it. He had the stage to himself and he didn't shy away. He was funny and he knew it. It was actually pretty clever.

The whole day was a great time, and I'll be close on the heals of the RRHOF as to when the Zeppelin stuff they say will be arriving "in a couple weeks", will actually be arriving. In the meantime, the mystique lives.

Thanks, Beth.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home