Tuesday, April 22, 2008

'We Own The Night' ...

This wasn't the movie poster for this film. But I like it better than the actual movie poster, so you'll get what art I rip off from other sites and like it!

I like this poster for the excellent image of Joaquin Phoenix. I adore Joaquin Phoenix. There's such a vulnerability about him, vulnerability crossed with edge. Did you see Quills? He's amazing in Quills. So is Geoffrey Rush. But I digress.

This movie was, well, it's not really anything we haven't seen before. But there are good performances all around. It's worth seeing. It's just not worth dropping everything to get your hands on a copy. Though the opening scene is really hot. Phew. Make sure the kids are in bed.

This, by the way, is the official movie poster, near as I can gather from my Internet wanderings. See what I mean? It's kinda cheesy. Or maybe it's not cheesy, but it's definitely unoriginal. Then again, really, how many ways can you design a movie poster? Especially when Hollywood churns out so many movies every year. I can't think of the last time I saw a really great movie poster. The film is set in the late '80s, hence the World Trade Center in the skyline.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I think I like the unofficial movie poster a lot better than the official one!

5:45 PM  
Blogger J. Marquis said...

I thought it was kind of silly how Joaquin got to instantly become a cop because he was from a family of cops.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

This is the second time that Joaquin has worked with director James Gray. The first time was in the 2000 crime drama "The Yards," which also co-starred Mark Wahlbeg. The third will be released later on this year: "Two Lovers," a romantic drama, of all this, that pairs Joaquin with Gwyneth Paltrow. Quite a potential departure for a director known for gritty crime sagas.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Why hasn't anybody made a movie called "One Lover"?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home