Friday, April 11, 2008

'There Will Be Blood' ...

I started this movie last night. I finished it tonight. It left me a bit dazed.

It's transcendent.

I think the Academy might just have to retire the Best Actor category. Who will ever be able to top Daniel Day-Lewis's performance?

George Clooney was great in Michael Clayton, but at the end of the day, he played a handsome, suave guy. Hmm. Not much of a stretch.

Contrast that with the accented, two-earringed Daniel Day-Lewis who attended the Oscars versus the mustachioed Daniel Plainview from the film. Completely staggering, the transformation.

And I loved Ciarán's performance, of course. He's an amazing actor, even when he's not saying a word.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

This is definitely one of those movies I have really wanted to see. I guess now that it is out on DVD I will have to put it on my NetFlix queue!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Ethan said...

Ask me about my DDL (as Daniel Plainview) impression sometime. :-)

Bought the DVD the day it came out. Hellz yes.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yup, bought the 2-disc set today while I was out running errands ... then immediately loaned it to my parents. So I'll check out all the extras some other time.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home