Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's Pat (But Not)! ...

Friday, I got sick of my Yahoo! IM chat icon, a picture of me that my friend Tracy mistook for Katie Holmes. Which is weird, as I don't look a thing like Katie Holmes.

Anyway, I changed the picture a few times this weekend, finally settling on my headshot from way back, because I like its black-and-whiteness and because, hey, I might as well get some use out it. It's not like I'm using it to book voiceover gigs. Not that I ever used it to book gigs. I mean, I tried to use it to book voiceover gigs, but I audition like crap. Nerves. Nerves, nerves, nerves.

My friend John (not that friend John, my new friend John, so we'll call him New John), sent an IM earlier to say that in my chat icon picture, I remind him of:

Julia Sweeney. Yep, I guess we kind of look alike. Although no one's ever said, "Hey, Beth. You know who you look like? Julia Sweeney." (John says, "Kind of? My God, you're almost like twins!") I think our smiles make us seem similar.

I'm grateful that he didn't send me a picture of Pat.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Alison said...

I don't think I would have recognized your head shot, possibly because I've only seen about two photos of you!

Julia Sweeney is beautiful, as are you, but oh, Pat. Be grateful, indeed.

10:47 PM  
Blogger J Paul said...

For the record... I did consider sending a picture of Pat strictly as a joke. But the chance that it miiiiight not go over well nixed that. Too much risk in that regard. And, yes... Julia Sweeney is quite attractive.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

[Read as the "Pat" whine] Ehhhhhhhh, sending Beth a picture of Pat wouldn't have been very funny. She stopped wearing Western shirts at least two years ago.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I'm not sure that I agree you look like Julia Sweeney, but I do think you look really pretty in that head shot. I think your hair looks good dark!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home