Wednesday, April 30, 2008

3-Day Update, April Edition ...

May? How is it almost May?

Wow. August will be here before I know it.

The 3-Day has been on my mind lately. Driven by a recent spate of very generous contributions, I'm sure. Last night, I dreamt that I was on the event but had forgotten my credential. Your credential is literally your meal ticket on the 3-Day but you need it for everything else you do, too. No credential, no walking. Period.

I'm still trying to understand the part of my dream that required us to write our names on cocktail napkins ...

Now is about the time, a few months out like this, when the 3-Day machine really kicks into gear. Training walks and workshops and media coverage. The firm that handles PR for the 3-Day got in touch with me to ask if I'd be a 3-Day ambassador, which is essentially a resource for reporters to interview for 3-Day stories.

I happily agreed. This will be my fifth 3-Day. I'm a veteran at this point. Whatever I can do to help the 3-Day, I do.

I'm looking forward to August. I never ceases to amaze me that every year's experience somehow manages to top the experience of the years before.

Despite all the dour news every day, there really is a tremendous amount of love and kindness in the world.

Come out to the route during the 3-Day and feel it for yourself.

And bring Popsicles. People who bring Popsicles are rock stars on the route.

If you'd like to contribute, you can click here or click the giant pink box over there, to the right, underneath my bio. Thanks for your consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home