Thursday, March 20, 2008

'Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day' ...

Let's see if I can review this movie in 10 words or less:

Swoon. Swoon. Dashing. Handsome. Swoon. Swoon. Swoon.

There you go: seven words.

Yes, I'm horribly biased when it comes to Ciarán, but oh for the love of God, he's yummy in this movie.

For the life of me, I can't find an image I can crib from a web site, but I did find this nifty video clip. Video! Moving pictures! With sound! (Ignore the horrible edit halfway through.)



Of course, there's much more to this movie than Ciarán looking good enough to eat.

It's completely charming. Amy Adams is charming. Amy Adams' voice is charming. Frances McDormand is charming. The story is charming. The sets are charming.

Last week, Ciarán and I were chatting about Margot at the Wedding and I mentioned that when watching that movie, I couldn't answer the question, "Who was this movie made for?" So when we started talking about Miss Pettigrew ..., Ciarán cracked, "That movie is for the over-90s."

When I got home from New York, I wrote to him to let him know that I was going to see it and that I'd let him know how many nonagenarians I saw, though, I pondered, they likely catch an earlier show.

I'm 38 – not even halfway to 90 – and I loved it. And while this movie probably won't break any box-office records, I suspect it will do very, very well on DVD. And the soundtrack's worth a listen, too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

Well, if it has Amy Adams in it, I would probably love it. But then I have a thing for Amy Adams...

11:14 PM  
Blogger J. Marquis said...

I got dragged to it and liked it much more than I thought I would.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home