Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Beth, Unplugged? ...

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Just for a few days.

I think I need to reboot my brain.

For the past few weeks, I've been completely unfocused. I am becoming the poster child for adult-onset Attention Deficit Disorder. Focus? What's that?

Thoughts flit in and out of my mind, careening about like the flight path of a housefly. But most of the time these days, I feel like I'm buzzing up against the window, futilely.

Work has gotten busy, but surely that's not the only reason that I feel like I'm living in a constant adrenaline-fueled state. I'm not sure where all this stress is coming from.

I have a week of vacation scheduled in May, my first full week of vacation since I started this job in September 2005. Unless we count that time off around Christmas 2006. But we won't, because what the hell is relaxing about the holidays?

But today, May seems awfully far away.

In the meantime, maybe some breathing will do the trick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I can sympathise. This week one of our call centres got flooded, so work was extra busy. Then yesterday I walked in from break to find my Number Two Best Friend looking white as a sheet,bent over, and in tears. Her Dad took her to hospital and it turns out she has gallstones. Then I find out my favourite uncle on my dad's side died. It's been a heck of a week...

I do hope yours has gotten better!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home