Saturday, February 16, 2008

Workin' Hard? Nah. Hardly Workin' ...

I'm in Detroit. I drove here yesterday to have dinner with my friends Jeff and Sherry, to celebrate Jeff's latest book.

Today is like "Take Our Daughters To Work Day," except that I'm not Jeff's daughter. But I did come in to the office with him today. He needs to do some work before hopping on a plane this afternoon and I came along to see where he works.

While he's toiling away at his desk, I'm sitting a few cubicles over, whiling away some minutes, writing this post.

This is most likely the one opportunity in my life to say that I'm writing at The Wall Street Journal. So: "Look at me, everybody! I'm writing at The Wall Street Journal!" Of course, I'm not writing for The Wall Street Journal, but then again, my journalism days are over.

Don't you just love camera phones?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

Well, at least you can say you wrote at The Wall Street Journal. Not many journalists can even say that. BTW, like the picture. (-:

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, I love the ability to capture the moment with a camera phone. I think your Wall Street Journal photo is very sexy, too. You look fabulous!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah, thanks, kids. You're kind with the comments. I'm not a big fan of the way I photograph (and I should have shot from the other side of my head, because my hair would have looked better), but in this case, the kitsch of standing in front of the WSJ signage wins out over my "meh" feelings about how I look.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home