Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why We Need Writers ...

So, the writers' strike appears to be coming to an end. Hallelujah, I say! Not that I watch tons of television, but contemplating a world without House makes me sad.

Yesterday, though, I was firmly planted on my couch, flipping channels, when I happened across an episode of Family Guy. I continue to be astonished that that show is shown in syndication during a dinner hour. I mean, I'm no prude, but some of the color is awfully blue.

But last night, I laughed out loud while watching the show. Not just a little chuckle, but an all out laugh that lasted even as I walked into my office to e-mail L.A. Dave about it.

And here's what I wrote to him:

On "Family Guy":

A bully steals Stewie's tricycle. Later, the bully is sitting on the curb, reading "Bully Weekly" when Stewie's head cast a shadow across the pages. Stewie ends up shooting him with a net and dragging him back to the house, where he ties him to a chair in the basement to interrogate him about the tricycle's whereabouts.

Just as Stewie's about to torture the bully with a homemade torture device of kitchen utensils, Lois comes downstairs with the tricycle. "What's going on down here?" she asks.

Stewie says, "Uh, we're playing house."

"But that boy is all tied up."

"Roman Polanski's house."


I bow to Seth MacFarlane.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

LOL, that is a good line.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

That is a good line, although I think Family Guy has always been hit and miss for me. If it's centring on Stewie or Brian, I love it--if it's focusing on Peter or the other characters, I don't.

Anyway, I'm glad the strike may be over. I supported the writers all through this, but like you I worried about not being able to watch House. For that matter, I dreaded Lost not having a whole season this year...

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home