Monday, February 25, 2008

Thrilled! ...

I'm so thrilled for Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova and their Oscar win for "Falling Slowly"!

The first time I heard the song was on a Frames CD, not in the context of the film, and even then, I knew I was hearing something really special.

Kudos to the Academy for recognizing it and them.

See, Hollywood? You can make a great, original movie for next to nothing that's Oscar-worthy!

If you haven't seen Once, now you have even more incentive. You know, beyond just me telling you to see it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I will have to see Once. And I must thank you for the link to "Falling Slowly" on YouTube a while back. It is a beautiful song and I am so glad it won!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Doreen said...

Marketa was "accidentally" music'ed OFF before she was allowed to give an acceptance speech. When they came back from commercial Jon Stewart brought her back on stage and she was allowed to give her speech. They said it was a "mistake"

10:07 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

As sweet as the song is, not to mention the Oscar, the real highlight indeed was when Jon Stewart brought Marketa back on stage to give her speech. Thank God her speech actually said something as well. It was one of those genuine moments that make the Oscars worthwhile, no matter what the naysayers, er, say about it.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home