Monday, February 18, 2008

'Once' ...

Back in November, I found myself perusing the CD aisles at Best Buy and found myself in front of The Frames.

I wrote a post about The Cost, the album I bought that night.

But that night, at Best Buy, I saw the soundtrack for Once, a movie starring Glen Hansard, Mr. Lead Frame, and made a mental note to add it to my Netflix queue.

Tonight, I finally saw it. And ohmygosh, it's the sweetest film.

If you're a Frames fan, well, if you're a fan of The Frames, you've probably already Once, but if you're new to The Frames, Once will make you an instant convert.

He's an amazing musician, and his female vocalist and pianist, Marketa Irglova, complements him perfectly.

There's a clip from the movie on YouTube featuring "Falling Slowly." I can't embed it here, but you can watch it here. That tune will knock you out. It knocks everybody out. The first time I heard it, I was completely captivated.

The quote on the cover of the DVD is from Michael Phillips of the Chicago Tribune. He says, "Once may well be the best music film of our generation."

He may well be right.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

Once is a great film. Musicians in a musical, what a concept.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I will definitely have to see Once. and I must say that I love "Falling Slowly." I hadn't ever eally heard that much from The Frames.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home