Monday, February 11, 2008

Hugh Laurie Lust ...

Y'all know how much I love me some Hugh Laurie.

He's a somewhat-frequent fixture in this blog. It all began with this post in which I first professed my love, all the way back in September 2006.

And I posted this little gem, thanks to YouTube, of Hugh singing.

And there was this recent post in which I rave about his novel The Gun Seller which I can't believe you haven't read yet.

And then there was this post last summer that detailed a dream I had about Hugh.

And today, I can add this post to the tally. The overall dream was very long and involved, featuring many people and many locations, some of which made absolutely no sense, as is common in dreams, but in this particular scene, I was sitting in a restaurant with Hugh, next to him, to his right. We were sitting in chairs that make me think of Long John Silvers, even though I've only been to a Long John Silvers once in my life and I think I was, like, 6. It was a family vacation. The point is, the chairs were those nautical-y sorts.

But dinner was winding down and our server suggested the goat cheese and ice cream. Now, I'm a pretty big fan of goat cheese in the waking world, but even I'm not sure I'd eat it with ice cream. But in a dream? Bring it on! Some woman appeared (she kind of looked like Laura Linney and I think she was supposed to be Hugh's sister) on the other side of the table, plopping down in one of the weird chairs, as dessert arrived. It was a round of blue cheese in a pool of melted ice cream. Interesting. The server brought balsamic vinegar if we were of a mind to drizzle. She also brought a cruet of port.

Ooh, port. Nice.

So I asked Hugh if he'd like some and filled his little glass and filled my little glass and filled Hugh's sister's glass, even though she was now gone. (I figured she'd gone to the restroom.)

I was sitting low in my chair, slouched down a bit, and leaning up against Hugh. Perfectly sated and happy, I tilted my head back and turned it to him and he kissed me. A very nice kiss. Not too long, as we were in public, after all, but certainly very, um, kissy.

The kind of dream moment that makes waking up to a Monday OK.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You should have seen Hugh at the BAFTAs on Sunday giving out the Original Screenplay Award to you-know-who. He scrubs up good, and is surprisingly British! And without a limp! ;)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Now, I'm a pretty big fan of goat cheese in the waking world, but even I'm not sure I'd eat it with ice cream.
Not so sure about goat cheese with ice cream, but goat cheese ice cream itself is actually quite excellent. Here's a Charlie Trotter recipe.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I think I've mentioned it before, but if you love Hugh Laurie you have to see the Jeeves and Wooster series he made with Stephen Fry many years ago. It is another demonstration of how great an actor Laurie is. I mean, Bertie Wooster is about as far from Gregory House as one can get. Bertie isn't terribly bright--his valet Jeeves refers to him as "mentally negligible." And he is good hearted to the point that it gets him in trouble. A great show with great actors!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yep, Dave, Hugh is a looker in a tux!

Thanks for the link, Marc. I suppose I'll try anything once. I used to think that red-bean ice cream was a yucky concept, but it's good.

Merc, thanks for the recommend. I catch Jeeves and Wooster from time to time as I'm flipping channels, but I've never spent any real time with the show. Will make a note of it.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home