Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gratitude, Part III ...

Here's a happy little story:

Much to Anon's chagrin, no doubt, a week and a half ago, I spent a Saturday morning editing the final version of Jeff's manuscript.

No, the publisher didn't hire me to do the final edit. But I've been along for the ride since the column that started it all and I wanted to read the final. And as long as I was reading the final, I edited the final. I'm an editor. Editors edit, whether or not there's the promise of pay. Especially when the words to be edited are those of a friend.

Later that day, Jeff told his editor about my final pass, about all my good catches, and his editor said, "Well, we should pay her."

Today, a check arrived in my mailbox.

The end.

– Editor Beth, pure of motive, reaper of reward

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nat said...

Could it get any better? Well, of course it can! "Thoughts become things", so dream big baby.
You are rockin' your world right now. Are you able to fly on your own yet? Seriously, you are working some major mojo.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Doreen said...

Anon - ha ha ha ha ... good things result from good things.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous cannon said...

Good for you. And good for Jeff. And, while we're on the subject, are you going to promote the book itself, when it comes out? I'm not asking for a link to Amazon, mind you, but a title would be nice.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

Wow. That was nice. Karma at work. Do good and good things come to you. (-:

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home