Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Bush Is Back ...

Note: For a couple years, my Christmas gift from L.A. Dave was a page-a-day calendar of Bushisms. I got into the habit of e-mailing one out every day to a group of friends under the title Bushism du Jour. But then one day, I thought it was a bad idea to begin each day focusing on someone I don't like, even if it was to share a bit of his stupidity with a small circle of friends. So I put an end to the Bushisms du Jour. But now they're back. Below is the text of an e-mail I just sent to my Bushism crew. And I wanted to open up the offer to my readers here. And for those of you who don't like it when I get all political, don't worry: I won't be posting a Bushism every day. Maybe just once in a while. When I come across a really good one.

Hey, friends:

So, this is it: The last full year of the reign of George the W.

To commemorate this auspicious occasion, L.A. Dave's Christmas gift to me was The George W. Bush Out of Office Countdown page-a-day calendar, "January 2008 Through The Bitter End! (January 20, 2009)".

I put a stop to the Bushism du Jour last year because I didn't want to start every day by blasting bad George juju into the universe, but now, I say, let's celebrate the beginning of the end!

In the lower, left-hand corner of the calendar is a little picture of George, walking and waving, his sleeves rolled up. He looks like he's doing a heckuva job. As you can guess, as the year progresses, so too does George, flip-book style, until he's off the page.

All I can say to that is, "Walk faster!"

If you'd like to bow out of the fun, just drop me a line and let me know. If you'd like to share this with any of your pals and they'd like to be part of the daily distribution, just pass along their e-mail and I'll add 'em to the list and save you the trouble of forwarding every day. [Blog readers: My e-mail can be found in my profile of you can just leave your e-mail in the comments section.]

Here's to a spectacular 2008. Though I just read that Nader is threatening a bid. I think someone should tie him to a chair until after November 4.

Happy New Year!

And without further ado, I give you the Bushism du Jour for January 1, 2008 (385 days left):

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."
-- 2001 Gridiron Dinner

As the calendar box says, "Errabundi saepe, semper certi," which, as we all know, is Latin for, "Often wrong, but always certain."

Oh, what a year it'll be!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

My favourite Bushism is one from a speech made at Greeley, CO with reference to the Iraq War, "The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done..."

I am so glad it is an election year...

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Alison said...

It's been the longest seven years of my life. LOL

We need a new page-a-day calendar. Maybe I'll look for the Bushisms one...and if I don't pick it up, I'll ask to be on your mailing list!

Happy New Year, Beth.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home