Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Book ...

I've written lately about the book I edited but had yet to mention the title.

Thanks go out to astute reader and commenter Cannon who just posted a comment on Gratitude, Part III, asking, "And, while we're on the subject, are you going to promote the book itself, when it comes out? I'm not asking for a link to Amazon, mind you, but a title would be nice."

Right. The title. The title is The Last Lecture and it's available for pre-order on Amazon here. (A link to Amazon is certainly not too much to ask.) Its street date is April 8. And I'm pleased to report that its Amazon sales rank is already hovering around 5,000.

The day I edited the final version, I wrote a note to Jeff and Randy. Here's part of what I had to say:

Well, this is just a knockout.

By the end of the book, I was full-out crying. Not just the occasional tear, but audibly crying. I know I'm a total sap, but I'm sure I'm not the exception to the rule this time around.

I am tremendously, tremendously honored to have taken a few small steps of this journey with you, Jeff. I think Randy would appreciate our timeline: That we met all those years ago and that we've arrived at this point, with you writing his story and allowing me to help in a small way.

I am also completely smitten with Randy and grateful to the universe that forces conspired to get you to that auditorium that day. It would be an enormous opportunity lost if Randy left this realm, whenever that may be, without sharing his lessons. He is a teacher to the world and in this project, he is leaving behind a legacy, the effects of which will be immeasurable. Please pass that on.

I can't wait to hold a copy in my hands.


Update: A few days later, the book's Amazon sales rank jumped to the 1,400 neighborhood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

Thanks for the link, Beth. I'll definitely have to check it out sometime.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous cannon said...

Thanks for the post--looking forward to giving it a read.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home