Sunday, December 16, 2007

One Good Thing ...

It started snowing yesterday, a pretty little snow, just enough to make me feel Christmassy while I did some shopping.

And it kept snowing.

The crawl on the TV Saturday morning said that we were under a winter storm warning that was due to expire at 12 PM. Hmm. I was pretty sure that it was due to expire at 12 AM, but someone at the station didn't know that 12 PM is noon and 12 AM is midnight.

So it snowed.

And it snowed.

And it snowed.

And it snowed.

And right before I went to bed, I looked outside and thought, "Well, it's supposed to be tapering off soon."

And then I woke up this morning and there was a lot of snow outside.

A lot of snow.

Not the 1 to 3 inches that had been predicted for this area.

Oh, no. Much more than that. It was hard to gauge, just looking out the window. The snow on my deck was deep, but there was blowing and drifting to consider.

I was in no hurry to shovel, but I put on layers and my new hat and gloves and sunglasses and ventured outside.

At one place on my driveway, the snow had to be a foot thick.

And me without my snowblower. I guess this is the year I buy one.

I figured I was in for about two hours of shoveling (which turned out to be right, and that was with my neighbor David helping me finish my shoveling when he had finished his sidewalk and double-wide driveway).

But shortly into my shoveling escapade, I stopped to retrieve my camera from the house and snapped off a few Christmas card-worthy shots.

Snow might be a hassle, but it's pretty.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

A neighbor David, how appropriate.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Chris. You know the one I mean. said...

My jealousy of the snow is palpable. Maybe it's because, being way... down... here... I see it almost never, but I really do miss it a great deal.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Nat said...

Your posts have been hitting home runs lately. Geez. I want that book you mentioned, and Waitress was moved to the top of my queue and has arrived at my home.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You know what they say, Jeff: You can never be too rich, too thin, or know too many guys named David.

Chris, seriously, get your butt up to Chicago and help me shovel my driveway. That'll cure you of your snow lust.

Nat, thanks, doll. "Waitress" is so great. You're gonna love it. Watch it tonight so we can talk about it tomorrow!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Chris. You know the one I mean. said...

Hey, if I'm going to do that, you better have plenty o' cocoa on tap, missy. ;)

(And... hey... it's a possibility. Well getting up there, not necessarily just for your driveway)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

Looks like you got the snow had this weekend. I can't complain about it--at least it's not ice like we had last week.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home