Sunday, December 09, 2007

Horn, Untooted ...

I started writing a post on Thursday night and stopped a few sentences in.

I had a really good day on Thursday, one of those days when I felt very with it, very capable, very aware that I have talent and a voice and that people value the things I say.

Not that those things should seem remarkable to me, nor should they only occur to me on rare days, but we creative types come with a larger factory-installed self-doubt component than most, I believe.

And this is, after all, my blog. By virtue of the fact that I write all its content, it is by definition about me. Not every topic is Beth-centric, of course, spewing details about my life, but every post is penned by me and so contains my views of the world, my opinions on all things opinable. (Blogger doesn't recognize "opinable" as a word, nor does my dashboard dictionary, but I like it; Beth's blog, Beth's prerogative to make up words.)

But I left that post in draft form and don't think I'll return to it. It just feels too weird to talk about myself that way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except those of us who follow your blog have come to look to it for the things you are brave enough to reveal about yourself! Your level of self-awareness is truly amazing. I for one would LOVE to see that post. If you can bring yourself to reveal it.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was WAY too much of a tease, Beth. Not sure why you think it would be "weird." Your blog is kind of the record of your journey, and like the previous comment said, there are some of us who follow it and like to see as many of the steps as your willing to show us.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Funny. I didn't think of it as a tease when I wrote it. I wrote it just because I hadn't posted anything since Wednesday and felt like I had to say something, and since the last "something" I had been working on was about, um, what I wrote about not writing about, that's what I wrote about.

At the moment, I'm elbow deep in cookie sheets coming in and out of the oven, embarking on this year's holiday baking. Perhaps when I take a break from that, I'll return to my earlier draft.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home