Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Favorite Magritte ...

I saw the Magritte show at the Art Institute years and years ago with English Teacher Dave and fell in love with one painting. Of course, all the prints for purchase from the show were of the more famous Magritte images – the man in the suit and bowler hat with the green apple covering his face ("The Son of Man"), the train coming out of the fireplace ("Time Transfixed") – but the only take-away of "The Lovers" was a postcard, which Dave kindly bought for me when I wasn't looking, and which for the life of me I cannot find today.

So I was pleased to see the painting hanging in the Museum of Modern Art when I was in New York. And I snapped a picture of it and cropped it, and now it's my desktop wallpaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home