Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And You People Wonder Why We're Still Single, The Bonus Round

So there I was, IMing with Angela earlier today (she of the Scoozi! check picking-up on Friday night) about Doreen's would-be "50-something" suitor and the ensuing blog entry when she entertained me with this timely gem of a tale from the Land of Bad Pick-Up Lines:

She wrote, "Get this. I was picking up lunch and this guy walks up to me and says, 'Those cookies are fattening.' "

To which I replied, "[An expletive which I will not reprint here, as this is a family blog, but which rhymes with TRUCKER!]"

To which she replied, "Then he preceded to introduce himself. I'm thinking, 'You tell me I'm fat then you try to make a play ...? ' "

To which I replied, "[An expletive which I will not reprint here, as this is a family blog, but which rhymes with BASS!]"

To which she replied, "Oh wait. Told me he'd treat me like the queen that I am. I thought, 'All the while calling me fat?' "

All of which takes us back to Eric's Thursday parking-garage-lobby pronouncement: Men are stupid.

The End.

P.S. Family blog be damned: I told Angela that her would-be suitor will forevermore be known in my head as Assy McAssHat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Doreen said...

This story was reported to me when Angela ret'd from lunch and I was appalled and asked if he was buff & fine ... and she said NO - I do not understand why a stranger thinks it is his duty to tell someone cookies are fattening!!! I would not have been as UNconfrontational as she was ... However - I think I probably scare people with my height & they would think twice before telling me cookies are fattening ... LOL ... I think I would have said "DUH" or ... "oh really?? I did not know that."

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home