Saturday, September 08, 2007

Wallpaper ...

I bought a digital camera a few months ago.

No, I hadn't owned one before that. I dunno why. I just never got around to it. I did, however, nag my friend Jeff on many occasions about which one to buy. (I think Jeff is a spectacular photographer. He hasn't updated his site in a very long time – the muse has left him, I guess – but if you've never been to his site, it's very much worth your time to poke around.)

The day I bought my camera, before I bothered to read the manual and learn anything about the settings, I took it outside and shot a few things in my yard. After eight shots, the memory card was full. Wha? Turned out, the camera's factory settings were for the highest resolution. I probably could have turned those pictures into wallpaper for my bedroom.

Instead, after I imported them into my computer, I took down the size of one of the shots and made it the wallpaper for my desktop.

I love these colors. This is ground cover that grows in various spots throughout my yard. Every year, it just comes up in the spring then dies back in the fall. My kind of gardening!

It's a pretty big image. Feel free to copy it for your wallpaper. It's very soothing on the eyes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, it's Elida. The ground cover is called "snow on the mountain." I had it all over my yard in Minnesota (as do many Minnesotans). Be careful. It spreads like wildfire, but it is very hardy for extreme northern zones. Here in Connecticut our ubiquitous ground cover is pachysandra.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hey, good to hear from you! Trust me, if snow on the mountain spreads like wildfire through my yard, it'll be an improvement! : o )

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

Surprised that your camera friend isn't a Dave...must be his middle name, eh ;)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yeah, they're not all named Dave. Just most of 'em!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home