Monday, September 24, 2007

Calling All Smart Blogger Folks ...

My sister-in-law's sister wrote to me this morning to let me know about her new blog. She figures it's easier to post pictures and stories to a blog than to send around e-mails with photo attachments all the time.

Good idea.

But she asked me why some of the photos enlarge when you click 'em and others don't.

And I have no idea. I poked around Blogger's help section, looking for her, but I don't see any explanation.

But surely one of you smart computer people know. If that's you, kindly leave an explanation in the comments.

Thanks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Alex D. said...

do you have a link to her page? Im not expert, but I will gladly take a look.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks, Alex.

Her blog is here: http://thefwspeckhards.blogspot.com/

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Jurgen Nation said...

It has to do with the size you uploaded originally. If it's too large, Blogger will resize it so it doesn't screw up your page. I don't remember where it appears, but there should be a small, medium, large choice when you upload. Whatever one you pick is how it will appear on the page, whatever you upload will be what you see when you click. So, if you upload a 3000x2000 original photo, it's going to be HUGE. Resize it - a good dimension is 800x600 (or v/v) if you want to see the large version in a viewable format.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding it right, but try resizing it and uploading a smaller size and see if that works.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Good tip, Stac, thanks.

She did say that she uploads them all the same, but maybe they're not all the same size when she uploads them. I'm going to tell her to keep an eye on this comment string (if she's not already; hi, Mary!) and see if anything makes sense to her.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home