Friday, August 31, 2007

What A Piece Of Crap ...

Not that I've ever been a fan any of her songs, ever, ever, but from a purely musical perspective, may I say this song has the most inane chorus ever in the history of music? I mean, somebody actually wrote that? Check it out:



And for the love of God, the production on this track (and all her tracks, for that matter). What the hell? Why do these people get paid a bazillion dollars when we don't even know what their actual voices sound like?

Springsteen doesn't have a million filters on his voice. Ditto Bono. Ditto Eddie Vedder. What is this crap?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jurgen Nation said...

I know, and I hate her. She has always had so many filters and enhancements - I despise her music. She sounds like a baby alien.

The song is catchy - and I hate admitting that - but only the beat. The voice, the lyrics...everything else sucks.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Dave Tutin (PU) said...

Trivial.

It's a word that describes about 90% of music today.

There's a great piece in The New York Times Magazine today on Rick Rubin - in which he admits even he may not be able to save Sony's music biz because it's no longer about the music it's purely about how to sell the music.

All the people you mention - Bono, The Boss etc - are NOT trivial in what they write and represent. Therefore the music doesn't need to be dressed up, twisted or manufactured.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Excellent comment, Dave!

Stac: "She sounds like a baby alien" cracked me up!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I don't know, I think it might be the second most inane chorus I ever heard. "My Humps" by The Black Eyed Peas would be #1.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home