Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Other Posts ...

On Sunday nights, I write blog entries for HGTV's Design Star. It's not the official HGTV.com blog, unfortunately, because that one gets a lot of traffic. Frankly, I'm not sure why the one I write exists. But I have fun writing the entries and I'm getting paid, so [shrug] meh.

I don't post until Monday mornings, lest I spoil the episode for viewers on the west coast, but writing those posts after watching the show in real time kind of takes all my late-weekend blogging energy, and I'm left with no reserves for this space.

(If you're wondering if HGTV sends out screeners of the show, I can say, "Why, yes they do!" With the last few minutes lopped off, so if I watch the screener, I have no idea whose show is canceled that week. "Kinda defeats the purpose of a screener," you say? I couldn't agree more. So I have to watch the show in real time just like the rest of the world.)

I'm expected to write two posts a week, one about the Sunday-night episode and another one, based on comments (ha!) or something HGTV sends out in a press release.

This week, I've gotten no comments (like I said, I don't think anybody is reading this thing; I've gotten a few comments on past posts, but nothing like the volume of the official blog) and I've received no press release. So what's a girl to do?

I'm proud to say I whipped up what I think is a rather top-notch post, which will go live tomorrow, just to space things out a little. Don't want to exhaust all those people who aren't reading, after all!

I'll post a direct link to it when it goes live, or you can click here and read "Robb Story" when it's up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I have to admit that I finally saw an episode of Design Star Saturday. It's amazing how easy it is to get sucked into the thing. And I am not one for these interior design shows...

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home