Tuesday, August 28, 2007

'The Fountain' ...

This movie isn't so much a movie as an experience.

It starts off rather abstractly, so much so that I was tempted to turn it off. But it's so beautiful to look at that I kept watching.

I think actors like Hugh Jackman make the X-Mens of the world so that they can make movies like this.

It offers a lot of food for thought, but it also makes my heart ache. The love story between Jackman and Rachel Weisz is boundless and trancends time.

I fully believe that there are souls who are together throughout all of history, that there are connections that are so profound that we find each other again and again.

If your idea of a good time at the movies is Superbad, this isn't the movie for you. But if you crave more cerebral fare, add this to your Netflix queue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I enjoyed The Fountain. I definitely think it is the least of Darren Aronofsky's movies (I loved Pi and Requiem for a Dram), but it is solid film. I loved the visuals...simply amazing stuff.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh Jackman could sit in a chair, clothed, and I'd pay to watch.

1:35 PM  
Blogger J. Marquis said...

I was a bit underwhelmed. Great images but not all that satisfying.

Have you seen "Requiem for a Dream"? I thought that was unbelieveably powerful.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I did see Dream and liked that, too.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home