Monday, July 23, 2007

Not 'Father Of The Bride' ...

Just read an item that made me say, outloud, loudly: "Gaa!"

Steve Martin, whom I adore is getting married to his long-time love. ("Long time" means they've been dating since 2002, which is a pretty long time, I suppose.)

He's 61. (He'll turn 62 next month.)

She's 35. (No idea when she turns 36.)

Which makes him comfortably old enough to be her father.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. You certainly can't help who you love.

And it reminds me that it's completely normal that I often find myself attracted to guys in their 50s.

Age schmage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't follow these things. Who's his "long-time love"?

8:27 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The piece I read identifies her as Anne Stringfield, a former journalist for the New Yorker.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Charlotte York (aka Kristin Davis) was only a beard for the real girlfriend?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Maybe Steve and Anne were on a break. ; o )

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home