Sunday, July 22, 2007

Livin' The Dream ...

Well, one of the dreams, anyway.

Someone is paying me to blog! Not a lot, and not forever, but hey, more money is a good thing when you've got bills to pay.

In a moment of "It's not what you know, it's who you know," a woman I used to work with at the Tribune got in touch with me a few weeks ago, at the suggestion of a mutual friend. She needed someone to write a blog for HGTV's second season of Design Star and checked out my blog and thought me and the assignment would be a good match.

The "journalist" in me bristled at first at the idea of a "sponsored" blog, but then I thought, "Hey! I'm not really a journalist any more anyway!" And we (and by "we" I mean Zap2it.com) maintain editorial control. So, as long as HGTV isn't telling me what to write, I figure that's all I really need to worry about. Or not worry about, as the case may be. And I actually watch the show and actually like it, so it's not like I have to pretend. I'd probably be blogging about it at some point anyway. Might as well get paid for it.

So, if you've been dying to add one more blog to your feeds, you can read it here. I'll be posting twice a week, once on Monday mornings after Sunday night's episode (the season debuts tonight at 10 p.m. ET/PT), and once during the week about, well, whatever I can think of or whatever readers are commenting on.

Aside to Whoorl: I just read today that D is an interior designer. Has he ever auditioned? God knows he's photogenic enough!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous whoorl said...

That is SO exciting, Beth! WOOOOOOO!

We love that show - D knows all of the showroom associates at the Pacific Design Center, so I get live commentary during the show.

When does Season 2 start?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Season 2 starts tonight!
10 p.m. Pacific! You still have time to tune in. God bless time zones!
(Which is also the reason I can't post about the shows until Monday mornings, cuz I ain't staying up until 1 a.m. Central to post when the show is over on the west coast. Don't wanna spoil things for you kids.)
Have fun!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

Congrats on the new blog!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks! It only took two and a half years of blogging to make it pay off!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home