Monday, June 11, 2007

Weird Dream, The First ...

I have plenty of weird dreams, but for the purposes of this blog, I'm starting the official category of Weird Dreams today, so this is the first of what I'm sure will be a long series.

I was in a classroom of sorts, with a counter along one wall with outlets meant for plugging in laptops. Our instructor for the day was a normal-looking guy, but in my dream, I'd had a bad prior experience with him and his unsuspecting smarmy ways, so College Boyfriend David took it upon himself to set up right next to the guy. The idea was that if the guy made any untoward comments to me, David could kick him.

To further defend my honor, David moved my computer to the end of the counter by the door, the furthest point from Mr. Smarmy.

Which is where I was sitting when Dennis Franz walked in and asked if he was in the right place. Yeah, Andy Sipowicz.

And as I write that, thinking, "Why the hell did I dream about Dennis Franz?," I remembered that yesterday, Angela and I were walking through an alley (not our usual m.o. in the city, but construction had a street blocked off and it was daytime and felt safe enough) and I said, "I feel like I'm on the set of 'NYPD Blue.' "

So, weird, but understandable.

But then, later, it was nighttime and my friend John was tooling down the street on a three-wheeled bike, getting up as much speed as he could muster before turning into my driveway, at which point, he toppled over. I helped him up and brushed off the back of his jacket. Then I was lying facedown on my front lawn, and noticed that there were hundreds of tiny turtles around me, each about the size of a quarter, and I was worried about standing up, because I didn't want to step on any of them.

Then again, maybe I was thinking about this story. John's daughter is featured in one of the photos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home