Thursday, June 28, 2007

Oh, Well That Just Pisses Me Off ...

(Note: The following post contains profanity - real-men profanity - to make a point.)



This dovetails nicely with the post I wrote last night.

As part of my morning blog reading, I checked Stacy's site (Stac, I always save you for last! You're my blog dessert!) and saw that her blog was rated NC-17 by a dating site. (I guess the logic is that some blogs would not make suitable date movies.)

NC-17 is not at all a surprising rating for Stacy's blog. Stacy is sweet as pie but her language is salty as a sailor. And we love her for it.

So I plugged in my blog's URL and, guess what? Yup, my blog is rated NC-17, too. And the first word cited for the rating is "gay."

What the fuck?! Seriously, that pisses me off. "Gay" is an offensive word?!

My other offenders are "crap," "hell," "shoot," "breast," and "ass."

What kind of Puritanical bullshit is this?! How about some context, people! Sure, I like to swear with the best of them. Sometimes, bad words are the only words to really convey what you mean or feel. But breast? Yeah, because I participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day and I blog about it.

Hell? That's in the Bible, isn't it? I'm asking because I don't know. The closest I get to a Bible these days is if one is in the nightstand next to my bed in a hotel room, which, now that I think about it, is rather presumptious. Why aren't all the holy books available? How does the hotel know who's staying in that room? Maybe, for instance, somebody would like a copy of the Torah or the Qur'an.

Anyway, if you're under 17, you better leave now.

Please. And thank you.

: o )

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

I knew I shouldn't frequent this blog. Now my naughty parts are all inflamed.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home