Thursday, May 17, 2007

Men I've Loved ...

Life has thrown some major curve balls at me the past couple days. I'm tapped out. There's not a blog entry in sight.

But reading Ali's blog tonight brought a smile to my face. I added my two cents immediately, and then recalled a post of my own about those fine gentlemen.

And sitting here, I also recall that I had a big thing for Michael Nouri as Dracula on NBC's "Cliffhangers." (I just looked for a clip on YouTube. I believe I have struck on the one piece of video that's not available on that site.) He's of Lebanese descent. What was I just saying the other day about always having a thing for men from that part of the world? In a scene that will stay with me forever, Michael as Dracula, wearing, if I remember correctly, a white shirt unbuttoned part way, slowly approaches the female lead and says, "I'm in love with you, Mary." Goddammit, I wanted to be Mary.

And because I can remember things from when I was wee much better than I can remember things from 10 minutes ago, another man just flashed through my mind. It took a second to recall his character's name on "General Hospital," but it came to me: Dr. Hardy. John Beradino. Mom used to watch the soap while she'd iron, and I remember thinking he was very handsome.

So, to sum up, as a child I had TV crushes on two doctors, a refined Latin host of an island, and a vampire.

Ladies, your childhood crushes? And gentlemen, was there anyone besides Lynda Carter and her very skimpy Wonder Woman costume who caught your eye?

Update: I just reread this and reazlied how hetero that last paragraph reads. Duh. Girls can have crushes on girls and boys can have crushes on boys. Didn't mean to seem so exclusionary.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Alison said...

Ha! Thanks for the link. I have the feeling there are many more actors that I fell in love with. I'll be damned if I can think of them right now, though.

I do know that I had an immediate crush on Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in 1981, however. And somehow...Jeff Goldblum has ALWAYS been sexy to me.

Getting back to TV, though...oh hell, I'm going to have to think about that some more. (And really, can anything be worse than Bob Barker and James Garner?)

OK, David Letterman just flashed into my mind. The early-to-mid 80s Letterman. Hubba hubba.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, geez, yeah, Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Holy mother of God. I had a thing for Harrison Ford for a loooooooong time.

We're getting into modern-day territory now (in terms of men I came to lust over as an adult), but the end all, be all is absolutely Cary Grant. Because on top of everything else, he had the perfect accent.

Luckily, today, we have George Clooney, who runs a very close second.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Jay said...

Growing up I had a big crush on Jaclyn Smith. I was never the Farrah type.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous girl and dog said...

When I was five, I loved Steve Garvey of the Padres. He had that tanned, chiseled face and the feathered, blow-dried hair... WOOOO-EEEE!!

You liked Ricardo Montalban? That's hilarious!!! :D

10:21 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yep, Jay, you're not the Farrah type. Jaclyn was the more-refined Angel. I can see why you had a crush on her.

And Girl, your choice of Steve Garvey is too cute. Nothing like the feathered hair!

Ricardo, baby! He was just so poised and polished and that accent! I've always had a thing for guys with accents in addition to older men, so give me an older guy with and accent and I'm plotzing!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home