Monday, April 16, 2007

Plagiarismpalooza! ...

So, I just read this story in the Washington Post about "intellidating."

This sentence made me smile: "In New York and other northeastern urban centers, including Washington and Boston, gray matter is the new black of the hip social scene."

When I was through reading the piece, I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if there's such an organization in Chicago?"

So I Googled "intellidating + Chicago" and I got a hit from a story from November 8, 2005, which begins:

"(Reuters) - For Londoners, gray matter is the new black."

Maybe that's one of those instances of writers just having the same idea.

Still ...

In a bizarro twist to the Katie Couric scandal, the New York Post is reporting that the producer fired for lifting Jeff Zaslow's Wall Street Journal piece has a twin sister who was also fired for plagiarizing.

Plagiarism: Nature or Nurture?

Discuss.

And from today's L.A. Times, Scott Collins suggests that Katie should send Don Imus flowers for deflecting the media's glare off of her, the same thing I said to Doreen last week. Not that I'm suggesting that Scott plagiarized my IM conversation, just that we're both news geeks.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Doreen said...

I still think Alberto Gonzales should have sent a fruit basket to Don Imus ... but now that the nails are all in the Imus coffin - it is time to put Alberto in the hot seat - TOMORROW :)

10:45 AM  
Anonymous girl and dog said...

I love your blog, it's the best way to catch up on journalism-related current events. :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Well, thanks!

You can take the girl out of the newspaper, but you can't take the newspaper out of the girl.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home