Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chicago 2007 3-Day ...

Well, I'm at it again.

Today, after braving the cold to shovel the fluffy Hollywood snow off my sidewalk and driveway, I plopped myself down in front of my computer to register for the Chicago Breast Cancer 3-Day.

In August.

Yep, I'll be walking 60 miles in Chicago.

In August.

I think I need to get shoes made out of silicone to ensure that they don't melt on the pavement.

But I'm excited at the prospect of walking, as I am every year.

It's such a remarkable experience, one you never get used to. Every walk is more amazing than the last: more-amazing stories, more-amazing people, more-amazing acts of kindness.

It's selfish, really, my involvement in the walk. Yes, it raises money for a very worthwhile cause, and yes, the blisters I sustained last year were not fun. But that memory has faded and this year, I'll finish the walk with a smile not a wince.

E-mail requests for support have gone out to many friends and family, but I invite everyone to contribute.

Someone is diagnosed with breast cancer every three seconds. It's a disease that affects us all.

If you'd like to help out, visit my web page.

If you'd like to walk, drop a line my way (my e-mail is in my profile on this page) and I can help you get started.

Love and thanks,
Beth

This is Shelly, Erin, Mike, and me on last year's walk. You can read about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home