Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Who Am I? ...

It is December 13th.

As of tonight, I have all but one Christmas present purchased. (I thought I was done, but then, tonight, waiting to pay for what I thought was the last gift, I did some math in my head and realized that I've spent more on my father than my mother, so I need to get her one more thing.)

The Christmas cards went out two weeks ago.

Almost every gift is wrapped and under the tree.

My halls have been decked since right after Thanksgiving.

The baking is more than half done (and that's with making a second batch of oatmeal raisin cookies tonight, which came out pristinely, thank you very much).

The presents for out-of-town friends and family are packed in boxes for shipping, taped up, labeled, and ready to go to the post office tomorrow.

All stocking stuffers are ready to be stuffed into stockings.

I've made snowflakes with the kids and we've had our annual viewing of "A Pinky and The Brain Christmas." (A must-see if you've never seen it.)

I'm almost done with the Christmas CD I want to tuck into my cookie assortments, which will be delivered next week.

I actually put a lit Christmas decoration on my front porch this year, a pretty little pre-lit tree in an urn. (This doesn't sound like a feat until you learn that I have no outlets on the front of my house. Ah, nothing says "Christmas" like a heavy-duty bright orange extension cord strung around the house.)

The wreath has been hung on the gable end of my garage.

And Christmas is nearly two whole weeks away.

What's up with that? I am never this on top of things at this point in December.

I bought my first Christmas gift in New York in October. I wasn't planning on Christmas shopping that day as Patty and I poked around her neighborhood in Brooklyn, but we tucked into one of her favorite shops and there it was, the perfect gift just waiting to be purchased. So maybe that set the tone for my with-it-ness.

OK, time for bed. I'll probably have visioins of sugar plums dancing in my head. I am ALL about Christmas this year. Why am I not stressed out like I am every other year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home