Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh!, Now It All Makes Sense ...

When my relationships end, they end. I rarely stay in touch with exes. One notable exception is College Boyfriend David, who remains in my life in a tangential way. Or maybe in an occasional way. We don't see each other often. We don't talk of the phone often. We don't e-mail often. We don't even IM often. But he's there. And I'm here. And every so often, we get back in touch.

I thought G and I might stay friends, but that didn't happen. I wonder, in breakups such as ours, if a friendship is to commence, if the onus is on the breakupper to reach out to the breakupee? It would seem so. In any event, we traded a couple IMs after things were over, and I saw him one day on Michigan Avenue, but that was that.

I suppose this is not unique, really. It's probably just too difficult, emotionally, to downshift from relationship to friendship. The friendship will be forever colored by what came before it. I guess it all depends on the people involved.

But the other day, I received an e-mail which may explain all of my relationship challenges to date:

"From: Kurtdmppk@[redacted]
Subject: Increase the buldge in your pants
Date: December 3, 2006 8:10:53 AM CST
To: soderd@[redacted]
Cc: bethkujawski@earthlink.net, tccampbellbtid@[redacted]


You need a bigger dick.
Get it right here: [redacted]

sherlock thereto be. latinate bilharziasis abort obituary not a bruce belshazzar !"

If anyone would like that URL, let me know. ; o )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

I hope that isn't a horrendous insult to your ex. Ouch.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, that's funny, that you read it that way.

Nope, wasn't implying anything.

Just offering to send the URL to any interested parties.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home