Monday, December 11, 2006

I'm Exhauszzzzzzzzzzz ...

To paraphrase Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane," "Looks like I picked the wrong week to recommit to an exercise program."

When the weather turns wonky, my motivation to bundle up and go for a walk wanes. Like when it's raining. Or when it's 9. Yeah, 9. It was 9 a few days ago.

So last week, I had all the best intentions of exercising on my mom's treadmill every morning. But work was crazy, and I never did get over there. So this weekend, I renewed my vow. And this morning, I woke up before my alarm went off, and I got dressed and put in my contacts and went there to walk. Which I did. For as long as I could stand it. The satellite TV isn't hooked up in their basement presently, and I didn't bring my iPod. So it was a short walk. But I vowed that I'd get serious about it tomorrow.

Tomorrow arrives in five minutes. I'm still awake. I just got done baking for the night (peanut butter and chocolate chocolate chip raspberry-filled cookies were on tonight's to-do list) and making my kitchen look a little less like it was hit by a tornado. Not that I washed the dishes, mind you. Screw the dishes. They'll still be dirty in the morning.

So what are the chances that I'm gonna haul my butt out of bed tomorrow at 6:30 to exercise? That's right. Proably nil. I could find some resolve, but I don't think it's gonna want to get out of bed either.

We'll see. But I think I'll plan on walking when the baking's done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home