Monday, December 04, 2006

The Cookie Queen's English ...

I have a new blog!

My word, it's like giving birth to a child. Without the pain. And gore. Not that I would know.

On the heels of Writing It Down, the post below, my friend Jay wrote to me because Blogger's comments were misbehaving, and in replying to him, a cookie-shaped lightbulb went off over my head.

I need a cookie blog, I said to myself.

Holiday baking season is upon us. And blogs that capture the attention of publishers are blogs on single topics. Not that I don't love Finding My Voice for the opportunities it affords me to prattle on about whatever moves me. But for the love of God, if there's even the slightest chance that I can make this blogging thing pay off in some sustained way? Well, then, I'm reachin' for the brass cookie, kids.

I'm most recently inspired by Jennifer McCann's site, Vegan Lunch Box. It began as a blog about the lunches she prepared for her son.

She recently published a book by the same name.

Jennifer is charming and creative and clearly one of the best moms ever (check out her blog; it's so adorable it's almost overwhelming).

So what Jennifer can do for vegan lunchboxes, I can do for cookies, right?

Right.

So, without further ado, update your bookmarks and site feeds for The Cookie Queen's English, a blog about this year's holiday baking season ... and beyond.

With a new post every 12 minutes.

No, not really.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the cooking blog-turned bestseller has happened a couple of times: see "Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously.:

4:31 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, for sure. It's happened more than once. Which is heartening. There's always room for more cooking titles. Or cookies titles, as the case may be.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home