Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hall Speaks ...

Deborah Douglas, a former colleague of mine from my Thomson days, talked with Tamron Hall yesterday, following Feder's item about her breast implants. Here's the story:

Why Hall wanted a boost

November 30, 2006

"Outed" in Robert Feder's media column Wednesday, Tamron Hall reluctantly found herself on the hot seat. Even I had to wonder how she felt about her breast boost being a news topic and why a woman as drop-dead gorgeous as she is would want a breast lift. (I've met her and haven't been able to find a flaw yet.)

Her answer: She wanted her clothes to fit better. And they do.

"It was not born of a breakup or feeling inadequate," Hall said. "I work hard every day; it was my 36th birthday. I don't want to give a description of my body, but any woman in her 30s knows what I'm talking about. I don't need to connect the dots." (For the record, more than 300,000 other women get the same procedure every year, says the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.)

"I want to know why every man on TV who has hair plugs or a toupee or a fake tan, or who has gotten a nip and tuck here and there, why that's not discussed," said Hall, who had the surgery this past summer. [Feder also has written about Chuck Goudie's hair color and the late Tim Weigel's toupee.]

"I'm not overly sensitive. This is just a non-news event where there are things I have done that can help other people [which go unmentioned]."

What things? Try helping to build a Sunday school classroom for the kids at New Orleans' Carrollton Avenue Church of Christ who hadn't been to services since Katrina hit; Hall did that in September.

"It makes me sick to my stomach that [beauty] is always brought up when myself and other women in the news media are in the grind every day to be the first on stories, to be the best on stories," Hall said.

As for her head-turning good looks, thank her parents: Tamron says she had nothing to do with that.

OK. We can stop talking about this now.

Deborah Douglas, deputy features editor

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feder's disclosure is appropriate. The public needs to know that parts of Tamron Hall's body is fake. Because Tamron Hall flaunts herself as "all of that". You can tell Hall's teeth are fake. So any man taking this broad home is going to be in for a surprise. Tamron Hall went on for days talking about Ben Afleck's hair being a toupee. So why do the news anchors cry foul when the tables are turned on them? You say Hall is flawless. Obvisiously, you didn't notice her cock eyes when you were up to her. And please, stop saying Tamron Hall looks like Halle Berry. She does not.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tamron Hall was flat chested. That's why she got the breast implants.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home