Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Grrr And Whee! ...

Do you ever wonder if you might be bi-polar?

Maybe that ponderment (I just made that up!) is the purview of women, what with our crazy hormonal swings, but man alive, today was a weird-ass day. I was seriously grumpy at times, but then laughing hysterically at others.

Other times, that is. Not other people. I try not to laugh at other people.

You know, not to their faces, anyway.

But Holy Early Christmas, Batman!, George Stephanopoulous reported on "World News" tonight that some Republicans are saying that Dennis Hastert won't last the week.

And it's Wednesday!

Which also means tonight was the season premiere of "Lost"! Let's add Josh Holloway to the unoffical list of great glowerers. Woof. Dear God, woof.

And speaking of woof (it's the blog post o' crazy segues!), to cheer me up earlier (cuz of the aforementioned grumpiness), Dave sent me what might be the cutest picture ever in the history of cute pictures of his dogs. I made it my computer wallpaper. Hypercuteness. Acute hypercuteness.

And my favorite song of the past 48 hours is "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. The good thing about the cold weather that's settled in the area (until Mother Nature, that schizophrenic broad, jacks up the heat again tomorrow) is that my windows are closed, and closed windows mean loud music without any worries of pissing off the neighbors, cuz I'm just that thoughtful. Though they'd probably like this song.

And because it's one of my favorites, I leave you with this Bushism du jour: "Arbolist ... Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees."

- As quoted in USA Today; August 21, 2001

Atta boy, George.

"Arbo-tree-ist."

Way to be the leader of the free world!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

I thought I was schizophrenic, but the voices inside my head kept telling me no, so I must not be.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Want even more cheer? The following from the Faux News site:

House Republican candidates will suffer massive losses if House Speaker Dennis Hastert remains speaker until Election Day, according to internal polling data from a prominent GOP pollster, FOX News has learned.

"The data suggests Americans have bailed on the speaker," a Republican source briefed on the polling data told FOX News. "And the difference could be between a 20-seat loss and 50-seat loss."

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home