Friday, October 13, 2006

Cookies! ...

Yesterday, there was snow. Snow and sun and wind and leaves blowing all around. Fall and winter, duking it out. Fall won. Today, it's in the low 50s and sunny. Golden leaves are raining down in my backyard, much more appropriate than yesterday's fluffy white flakes.

Snow. In October. Harumph.

But, as Doreen said, "Start defrosting the butter! Cookie season is here!"

Ah, yes, my annual holiday baking insanity is nigh. But this year, I started the madness in July, baking for a photo shoot that I did on August 1, which turned out to be one of the hottest days of the year. Nothing says holiday spirit like a sunburn.

The cookie shoot went well. William Zbaren is a fantastic photographer. I wrote about the experience here.

My editor shared a copy of the photo with me a couple days later. I loved it, but I couldn't share it then. It wasn't mine to share. Until it was published, it wasn't fair game.

Well, guess what? I did a search for the story today, "Anatomy of a Cookie Plate," and Spokane.net has the story online, so now I feel entirely comfortable with posting it here. And if you'd like to see the whole two-page spread, complete with tips and recipes, you can check out the PDF of the section by Content That Works, the fine folks who pay me to bake cookies.

I haven't quite started this year's cookie planning. I mean, I'm always thinking about it, passively, when I run across cookie recipes that might be good candidates. But this year's collection has yet to be determined. Soon, though. Once Halloween arrives, Christmas is right around the proverbial snow-covered corner.

In the meantime, though, I wanted to introduce my cookie baby to the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

"C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me ..." :)

Verification word: qfcqdna

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Doreen said...

You have made me desirous of "Beth" cookies!!!!!!!!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home