Thursday, July 20, 2006

'She's The Man' ...

Yes, I'm actually admitting it. I watched this movie. I almost stopped watching it, because, gee, I think I had the ending pretty well figured out, but I stuck with it.

Inspired by Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night," which is a pretty big insult to Shakespeare.

But for some wacky reason, I like Amanda Bynes. I'm not a 10-year-old girl, but there's something I find very likable about her.

And she did that movie with Colin Firth, and, well, I mean, Colin Firth. 'Nuf said.

Ebert check: "I didn't for one second believe the plot of 'She's the Man,' but I did believe for the entire movie that Amanda Bynes was lovable."

There you go. Me and Rog, simpatico.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bill said...

Make that you, Rog and me :) Silly? Yep. Credible? Nope. Fun? Yessiree! Wow, I just read Mar '05, only ? months to go to get caught up. Love your writing. My first time singing karaoke the helper dude went up with me - great start - then left after a few lines. Training wheels came off, I wobbled but stayed up.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Aw, thanks for the nice words, Bill.
And congrats on living to tell about your karaoke experience. It's funny how fast the fear of singing in front of an audience is replaced by the thrill of singing in front of an audience. Nice of the helper dude to help.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home