Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Things We Do For Blogs ...

Yes, I'm trying to make the shift to veganism. It's going well. But sometimes, I'm so drawn to something so seemingly repulsive, I have to set my ideals aside for a moment in the interest of social experimentation.

How disgusting, I thought, when I saw the commerical for KFC's mashed potato bowls. Mashed potatoes? Sure. Chicken? Sure? Gravy? Sure. Corn? Uh, maybe ... Cheese? Um, why?

So tonight was the night. I bought a mashed potato bowl. Um, why, indeed?

The cheese is superfluous. The corn plays no enjoyable role. Take away those two ingredients and you're left with pretty standard KFC fare. Which ain't sayin' much to begin with.

What I can't figure is, these products are tested before they're rolled out to wider markets. So who are the people who gave this item a thumbs up? My one-word review? Blech.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Wow, you ate that shit? I was sorta with them on the idea until the cheese. That just pushed it way into "American gluttony" territory.

Good luck with the veganism, I sure couldn't do it. I'll stick with my "meat as rare luxury" diet, but I need the dairy.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yeah, the cheese is just ridiculous. Cheese? On gravy?! Good Lord. American gluttony, indeed. Though there's very little cheese involved. Skimpy cheese. But as there should be no cheese to begin with, that's for the best.

Still, I had to know, firsthand, just how bad it is.

And it's bad.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Q! said...

Sad attempt at poutine.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Ethan said...

The Commercials I Hate forum has your back. :-)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home